Moving Your Business

Transfer of Business

Business licences are not transferable. Any person who acquires a business or a controlling interest in any business from any person licensed under the Business Licensing and Regulation Bylaw shall make application for a new business licence. It is the responsibility of the previous owner to close his/her account with the City of Maple Ridge by completing a Business Closure Form.

Moving Your Business

If you are moving your business to another location in the City of Maple Ridge, a new Business Licence Application must be completed and submitted to the Licences & Bylaws department. If the applicant holds a current business licence and is a home-based daycare or commercial business, a transfer fee of $50.00 must accompany the new application. If the applicant does not have a current City of Maple Ridge business licence, the minimum licence fee of $110.00 must accompany the application. Applications can be found online or at the Licences & Bylaws department front counter.

Business Name Change

If you are changing the name of your business, please complete the Business Licence Name Change Form and submit it to the Licences & Bylaws department.